service desk engineer
The Service Operations Centre responsible for supporting and maintaining our customers IT systems by providing efficient remote technical support and proactive monitoring of customers infrastructure, including Desktops, Servers and Network Infrastructure. The Service Operations Centre is responsible for resolving 1st and 2nd line IT-related incidents and requests quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of customer service.
The Service Operations Centre is the central point of contact for managed services including Global Remote Support, Engineering Dispatch, Desktop Management Services, Network Services and our own Internal IT.
The IT Support Engineer will provide a high level of customer service and effective IT assistance across all aspects of our customer's business within support hours. The engineer will be responsible for providing a responsive and professional primary point of contact for resolving customer incidents and requests (in-line with ITIL Best Practice) to a pre-defined SLA. The role will involve remote access to our customers sites with the possibility of site visits depending on experience. The role has a shift pattern to cover support hours. Current Supported hours are 0730 - 1930.
Duties/areas of responsibility
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility
- full ownership of tickets through the incident life cycle, including logging, classification, priority setting, investigation, escalation and resolution.
- Ensuring the correct data is captured while logging or updating tickets
- work closely with Local Technical Support, Depot & DEC in all country locations
- Maintaining a high level of customer service while resolving issues.
- Knowledge Management - Creating and updating internal knowledge base articles
- Providing proactive and timely communication to the user in respect of their outstanding incident
- Aiming to resolve incidents and service requests with minimal onward referral to 3rd level resolver groups
- Troubleshoot incidents using IT supplier and/or third-party knowledge databases as well as the known error and workaround database
- Advising Problem Management where incidents require arbitration
- Detecting possible problems, ie recurring incidents, and alerting the Problem Management process.
- Maintaining clients Asset registers, including entering new assets and updating existing assets
- Accurate and efficient keyboard skills, particularly regarding data input
- Most training will be on the job with process documentation so must be able to communicate with the team for information and understanding
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong Desktop and general IT Skills
- Resilient with the ability to problem solve IT issues
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Windows 7 and 10 desktop supports
- Basic TCP/IP Networking skills (addressing, name resolution etc.)
- Experience working with Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Experience working in cloud-based environments - Office 365, Azure
- Experience with Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Experience in Backup technologies.
- VoIP experience
- Experience in Citrix environments