Collections and Litigation Officer
Al Rayan Bank is a growing, ethical and incredibly diverse bank based in new offices in the leafy suburb of Edgbaston, a stone's throw away from central Birmingham. As part of the Masraf Al Rayan Group which is the 2nd largest bank in Qatar, we've got exciting growth plans and aim to deliver a professional, first class service to our customers.
We are on the lookout for a Collections and Litigation Officer.
As part of the Real Estate Administration Team you will be responsible to ensure customers who are experiencing financial difficulties are managed and supported effectively in line with the Bank's policies, procedures and the wider regulatory environment. This involves assessing a customer's financial position and agreeing suitable arrangements to pay, supporting good conduct outcomes and protecting the Banks assets.
We will need someone with strong communication skills with the ability to deal with difficult calls whilst remaining calm and assertive, maintaining professionalism at all times. We understand the difficulty customers are going through at the moment and as an ethical bank we need people who can empathise with these individuals.
In addition, we will need the following:
- Experience in a regulated financial services role focussed on Home Finance.
- Proven track record of income and expenditure assessment for Home Finance and reaching suitable decisions and assessment of affordability. This includes knowledge of ONS data.
- Ability to provide recommendation reports to management taking into account case by case circumstances.
- Ability to understand, scrutinise and challenge data presented to you for assessment.
- Experience of handling the needs of vulnerable customers sensitively.
- Knowledge of standard arrears management methodologies and customer journey.
- Knowledge of GDPR, MCOB, Financial Crime regulations and associated Risk & Control measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with complaints or difficult calls whilst remaining calm and assertive, maintaining professionalism and empathy at all times
- Ability to explain our products and requirements in an easy to understand language
- Attention to create and maintain data and MI reports as appropriate utilising Excel, dashboards and other functionality.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing bank where we can offer exceptional opportunities for you to make your mark and progress your career in a diverse, ethical bank that you can actually believe in.
Empowering your development, we will deliver ethical banking together...... click apply for full job details