Infrastructure Software Engineer
Infrastructure Software Engineer - IOT and Device Integration
We are seeking a Software Engineer who has experience in hardware integration and a keen interest in IOT and AI. The successful candidate will need to take the lead engineer role in finding the best solutions for Weighbridge (Scales) integration, Vehicle Registration Recognition, Signature pads the integration to our clients software. They will also be responsible for driving further innovations across all our product portfolio and future roadmap. This presents an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing company that will provide fantastic opportunities for an ambitious and enthusiastic engineer that is motivated by providing the best solutions to our clients global clients.
- Input into hardware device selection to achieve our desired data capture goals on customer sites.
- Responsible for the development of required software solutions to capture data
- Work with Functional Analysts and Customers to determine requirements and recommend solutions
- Work with Outsystems Developers in building required REST APIs
- Expected to demonstrate experimental skills and a scientific approach to design and implementation
- Set up required remote monitoring and alerting
- Customer training and available to travel (globally) to sites for implementation
- Minimum of five years experience in software development
- Python development experience
- .NET development experience extremely beneficial
- Experience in writing APIs for connecting to hardware devices
- Experience in teams that follow a defined Software Development Lifecycle.
- Worked in agile teams and familiar with accompanying tools such as JIRA.
- Experience in collaborating with customers to determine their requirements and working with Functional Analysis to determine Stories and Acceptance criteria
- Linux OS experience would be beneficial
- Some knowledge of IOT device communication protocols would be expected
- A willingness to cross train into Outsystems (Low code platform) to contribute to mobile and web development for our product range.
- Experience in experimenting and research into hardware solutions eg using a Raspberry Pi to provide a connectivity issue.
- Experience in dealing with third party vendors in order to assess their products
- Willingness to travel (globally) in the rollout phases of the project.
- Will be responsible for building out our testing lab for all new IOT innovations.
Nice to Have:
- Ideally past experience in the environmental sector, particularly in the field of weighbridge integration
- Outsystems or similar low-code experience
- Database literate, ideally with knowledge of replication and query optimisation
- SAP HANA, Business One experience
- Mobile development/architecture experience
- Customer training experience