£26,029 per annum
About the role
This is a full time role (37 hours per week)
Are you looking for an opportunity to join the largest Community Gateway Association in the Country? If so, it's an exciting time to join our client. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for someone to support and work collaboratively with the Procurement Manager to ensure that all procurement activities add value to the business, while complying with relevant internal and external regulations. You will build strong relationships across the business at all levels to deliver an exceptional service that they can be proud of. Your positive approach will ensure that the best outcome is achieved through market research, robust selection processes and strong negotiation.
You will be required to:
- Support tender exercises from the compilation of documents, issuing invitations, managing clarifications, chairing tender panels, award and carry out debriefs.
- Support quotation exercises including market research, sourcing appropriate solutions that will meet and satisfy requirements whilst achieving value for money.
- Ensure compliance with EU procurement law, legislative requirements and Eastlight internal procurement policy and process.
- Provide system administration support of the Ebis Purchase Order, updating supplier information and acting as first point of contact to resolve any problems. Knowledge of Ebis would be an advantage, but experience of electronic procurement tools is a must.
- Maintain the Contracts Register and Supplier List.
- Regular reporting on supply chain risks affecting Eastlight’s activities
- Maintain and update Procurement intranet and website pages
To excel in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good level of education with at least 4 GCSE grade A* to C or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with staff at all levels in a friendly, polite and open manner
- Good communicator both orally and written and appropriate to the audience
- Attention to detail with a precise and methodical approach
- Appreciation and understanding of EU Public Procurement Regulations and how they govern procurement procedures
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise accordingly
- Experience of ebis or equivalent procurement purchase order system and e-procurement solutions
- Good working knowledge of IT systems Word, Excel, Outlook
They are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join their team so if you feel that you have that something extra, but don’t quite meet all the requirements above they would still love to hear from you!
They pride themselves on being more than a landlord. In partnership with a variety of organisations they work hard to provide their residents with opportunities whereby they can improve their lives.
As one of only four Community Gateway Associations in the country, they are different to other Housing Associations. They encourage their residents to regularly share their insights with them so that they can be actively involved in decisions about their homes and the services they offer.
They are growing. As they continue to play their part in challenging the housing crisis, they are looking for passionate and inspiring individuals from all walks of life to join their world and help them achieve the very best for their people, their residents and their communities.
They are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse culture where their people across all ethnicities, genders and lifestyles are respected and valued. Embracing diversity is not only the right thing to do, but it is key to their success, that’s why they welcome applications from everyone.
They offer a great range of benefits as well as opportunities to learn, develop and collaborate across the organisation. Along with flexible working and a dress for your day office culture they are innovative, in not just the work they do, but the way they work.