Network Support Engineer
Network Support Engineer
Salford, Greater Manchester (with home working options)
Market Rate Salary Plus Extraordinary Workplace Environment & Other Benefits (see below)
Vaioni is a multi-award-winning network operator, delivering the best and most reliable internet connectivity, security and voice solutions to SME, mid-market and technology partners.
Headquartered in MediaCity, our company owns and operates V.E.N., a carrier grade, national ethernet network, connecting over 250,000 postcodes across the UK. This is integrated with all the major UK ethernet providers including BT, Virgin Media and TalkTalk Business, and is one of the biggest ethernet platforms in the country.
We’re looking for a Network Support Engineer to join our small, highly skilled team and act as the first technical point of contact for our customers.
As a Network Support Engineer, you will:
- Respond to telephone and email queries and manage faults and incidents
- Take ownership of tickets and ensure they are progressed in a logical manner
- Aim for first time resolution
- Escalate issues to our 2nd line support team or external suppliers when required
- Implement customers’ change requests
- Take part in the on-call rota (once you’ve completed your initial training)
To join us as a Network Support Engineer, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment
- Experience supporting broadband and/or ethernet services
- Previous experience of layer 2 and 3 troubleshooting
- Experience of troubleshooting hosted voice solutions and security and UTM solutions
- A background in working with Fortinet and Juniper or Cisco products
- Great problem-solving skills
- A curious mindset and the desire to enhance your expertise
Experience of monitoring software such as Nagios would be beneficial, as would an ISP background. Familiarity with Salesforce would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Technical Support Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Network Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, Helpdesk Support Engineer, Network Engineer, Connectivity Engineer, IT Service Desk Analyst, or Technical Support Analyst.
What are the benefits?
- Increase your knowledge and gain exposure to network provisioning
- Develop your career with one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Tech Firms in the North
- Join a company that will invest in your career, health and wellbeing
- Flexible hours
- Annual discretionary performance bonus
- 23 day’s holiday plus public holidays and your birthday off
- The opportunity to buy/sell holiday
- Pension contribution
- Healthcare cash back plan
- Free breakfast and fruit and snacks throughout the day
- Finish at 5pm on a Friday with drinks
- Regular work nights out
Webrecruit and Vaioni are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Network Support Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: full time