£10.00 per hour plus benefits
Full Time - 35 hours per week over a 8 week rota
Are you searching for a new role? If so we are looking for a Night Porter to join our team supporting our Registered Support Managers providing a night porter service and managing the health, safety and security of the home and the wellbeing of our tenants.
What can you expect in the role?
Everyday is different in this role, however your main responsibilities will include:
- Carry out and record hourly security checks
- Ensure the correct operation of security surveillance equipment equipment
- Will assist the Maintenance team in carrying out regular health and safety inspections from fire alarms, emergency lighting and fire extinguishers
- Log and report any repairs
- Support tenants and visitors with any queries they may have.
- Maintain all records, ensuring ease of audit and inspection.
- In the event of an emergency you will manage the evacuation procedures
Do you need experience?
We are looking for positive individuals to support our tenants to lead an independent life whilst maintaining the health, safety and security of the building.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous. BSL is desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Lone working experience
- Experience and understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Experience of managing risk and making good decisions.
- Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Ability to support and empathise with individuals respecting confidentiality at all times.
We also ask all employees to demonstrate & share our care values and positive attitude to ensure we deliver high quality support.
Choosing to work within our unique services you will not only be benefiting from a supportive network of colleagues, this will also be complimented by an excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Opportunity to take part in bespoke training & gain qualifications relevant to your role
- DBS Enhanced Check fully paid for by DBUK
- Inclusion in our pension scheme
- Free eye tests and contribution towards glasses for VDU users
- Discounts at major restaurants, hotels, shops and cinemas and Other benefits from the Perkbox employee benefits scheme
#jobs #recruitment #nightjobs #porterjobs #BSL #healthandsafety #carejobs #peterboroughjobs