To manufacture products to specification and quality standards through efficient operation of machinery and equipment to maximum efficiently following correct operational procedures.
- To be able to run a minimum of 1 slitting machine under supervision
- To clearly follow work instruction documentation, to ensure production meets efficiencies and throughputs, to the required technical standards
- To run machinery to achieve correct standard of product to optimum production levels and to report any quality machine/quality problems to the management team
- To minimise waste levels to meet company requirements and report any deviation to the management team
- To complete machinery safety start-up checks
- To deal with stoppage problems quickly and efficiently seeking advice where necessary
- To accurately operate and implement all aspects of the Prism computer system
- To segregate and bag waste into the appropriate waste category
- To carry out quality checks at required intervals
- To complete all required production documentation accurately and on time
- To keep supervisor or setter informed of all problems and material deficiencies
- Ensure accurate handovers are conducted at the start and end of shift.
- Ensure your working area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Work as part of a team, supporting colleagues and sharing information
- To be flexible in undertaking duties and responsibilities, may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the position and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
Key Performance Indicators/ Key decisions
Ensuring work is produced in a timely and safe manner. Accurate production of orders to specification and written instructions. Accurate operation of the PRISM system. Accurate recording of production onto the quality documents. Ensuring waste is segregated correctly Ensuring pre checks and running checks are undertaken correctly. Positive attitude and actively helps promote company ideas.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Team player able to see their contribution to the overall service including KPI targets. Able to work with minimum supervision. A person who can challenge in a supportive manner and work constructively with all functions of the business. Highly motivated, able to work on own initiative and show pride in their work. Good timekeeping, flexible when required. Willing to commit to a program of continuous improvement. Accurate and good attention to detail Numerate and understanding of production efficiencies.
The behaviours that must be demonstrated in the job.
Can do - Personal initiative and the encouragement of others. Enthusiasm. Determination.
Team work - Valuing others. Communication, ethics and integrity.
Innovation - Able to meet new challenges
Efficiency - achieving efficiency. Delivering value. Right first time
Quality/Hygiene/Safety - We are all responsible for quality, hygiene, and safety.
Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge - Performs tasks with care, is thorough. Aptitude for machinery operation.
Food safety awareness
Dealing with customers - internal and external
Demonstrated knowledge of company, job skills, equipment and procedures and works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills
Self-development and takes responsibility for own behaviour and work
Drive to get the job done, works enthusiastically and tenaciously to achieve goals
Responds positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values
Thinking things through and identifying solutions, analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information
Knowing the business, understands the business context
Working to high standards, understands, maintains and promotes high standards. Demonstrates continuous improvement
Working with others, encourages team working. Works productively with others across the business, understanding the roles of different areas, and developing good relationships.
Understands the internal and external customer and provides excellent customer service
To comply with all Hygiene and Quality procedures and practices to ensure that company standards are met and surpassed.
To work within government and company Equal Opportunities Policy and practices and report any deviations
To work within Government and Company Health & Safety policies and practices to report any hazards or incidences...... click apply for full job details