Network Strategy Technician
Network Strategy Technician
Redhill, Surrey (office/field based, with travel to sites throughout the region)
If you have a strong customer focus and experience of working within water distribution networks and network-controlled assets, this is a great opportunity to advance your career with a people-focused business.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
This is an exciting opportunity to take on a new role in our business and really make it your own. You’ll become part of an inclusive, hard-working and multi-skilled team who support each other and share their knowledge while helping to deliver water to the region.
We believe in giving our staff all the support they need to deliver the best service possible to customers. You’ll receive excellent on-the-job training and will have access to the latest equipment and all the tools you need.
We are a growing business, which means we can offer great progression opportunities for our high-performing staff. This role has the potential to advance and become a technical lead or senior-level position within the team, making this an exciting opportunity to build a career to be proud of.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum DOE
- Company van for business use
- Overtime opportunities
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 8am – 4:30pm (no standby or call out)
As a Network Strategy Technician, you will work on network PRV to support the delivery of our maintenance and renewal programmes.
In this important role, you’ll support the collection and analysis of sensor data to help detect and locate leakage in the water distribution network.
You’ll have access to the latest technologies and field data to support your success. You’ll use a variety of detection techniques, including acoustic logging equipment and noise correlators.
Reporting to the Leakage Field Manager, you will:
- Conduct planned and unplanned visits to customers’ properties
- Support the resolution of leakage issues
- Assist with pressure optimisation, including valve operations that control PRV and district meters
- Implement field tests for network analysis
Other organisations may call this role Water Network Technician, Water Distribution Technician, Water Distribution Network Technician, or Water Leakage Support Technician.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Network Strategy Technician with:
- A confident and approachable nature
- A commitment to delivering great customer service
- A self-motivated and proactive mindset
- Field-based water industry experience, which included working within water distribution networks and network-controlled assets
- A working knowledge of traffic management in relation to network activity
- A full, valid driving licence
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Network Strategy Technician, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.