Leakage Detection Technician
Leakage Detection Technician
Field Based (with travel throughout the region and to our office in Redhill)
Are you a leakage detection professional who enjoys providing a great service to customers? Looking to take on an engaging role offering plenty of variety, outdoor working and the chance to deliver a vital service to local communities? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient. Our plan for the future is to ensure the services we provide are fair, future-proof, good for the planet and utilise smart technology. Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities.
We don’t just want to be proud of what we do, we also want to celebrate how we do it. We are an inclusive environment that values community, and your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day.
With a rich history dating back to the mid-19th century, we began by supplying water to individual parishes before merging and expanding throughout the next 150 years until today. We now maintain over 2,000 miles of water mains and manage eight treatment works, 23 pumping stations and 31 reservoirs and water towers.
Why you should join our team:
Due to ongoing expansion, we’re looking for 2 Leakage Detection Technicians to join us and play an integral part in the smooth operation of our organisation. You’ll become part of an inclusive, hard-working and multi-skilled team who support each other and share their knowledge while helping to deliver water to the region.
We believe in giving our staff all the support they need to deliver the best service possible to customers. You’ll receive excellent on-the-job training and will have access to the latest equipment and all the tools you need.
We are a growing business, which means we can offer great progression opportunities for our high-performing staff. This role has the potential to advance and become a supervisory role in the team in the future, making this an exciting opportunity to build a career to be proud of.
- Salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum DOE
- Company van for work use
- Overtime opportunities
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva's Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (a combination of day and night work, working 2 weeks of nights and 1 week of days on a rolling basis)
As a Leakage Detection Technician, you will help to identify and locate leaks in our water network.
In this important role, you’ll have access to the latest technologies and field data to support your success. You’ll use a variety of detection techniques, including acoustic logging equipment and noise correlators to quickly identify and pinpoint leakage in our network and on our customers’ pipework.
Covering an area of 500 – 1,000 homes, you will:
- Conduct planned and unplanned visits to customers’ properties
- Shut down areas at night to identify leaks
- Maintain frequent contact with customers, developers, authorities and your colleagues
- Help to commission and maintain pressure control devices
- Investigate complaints and implement remedial action
Other organisations may call this role Water Leakage Detection Technician, Leakage Detection Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Water Network, Maintenance Technician, Leakage Technician, or Leakage Control Technician.
At SES Water, we recruit based on potential, values and fit, rather than just experience and qualifications. We’re seeking a Leakage Detection Technician with:
- A confident and approachable nature
- A commitment to delivering great customer service
- A self-motivated and proactive mindset
- At least 18 months’ experience of working in leakage detection for water network distribution assets
- Good IT skills and the willingness to learn new technologies
- A full, valid driving licence
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium - our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit, who SES Water work in partnership with. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency. We are both equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
If you are seeking your next challenge as a Leakage Detection Technician, select the apply button shown to be brought through to the application process.
The health and wellbeing of our staff and interviewees is paramount, so we have put practices in place to keep all parties safe.