Senior IT Support Engineer
Senior IT Support Engineer
Are you an experienced Senior IT Support Engineer with a yearn to work in a role that offers new challenges every day?
Would you be interested in joining our successful and expanding IT Support company based near Warwick?
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior IT Support Engineer. This is a varied and customer facing role where you will be required to deliver and efficiently support for our clients and their IT infrastructure.
A competitive salary awaiting for the right person, Pension Contributions and travel costs.
You will be located mainly within our offices near Warwick and as required on various customer sites within Coventry, South Birmingham & Warwickshire.
The role will include:
- Installation and configuration of new hardware including Microsoft Servers, NAS, PC's, Routers/Firewalls, Audio Visual, Wireless Network installation & configuration, Large scale Windows Client OS Deployments and a range of other peripherals.
- Maintain, upgrade and repair existing Servers, PCs, and additional hardware.
- Experience of server installations and migrations would be advantageous.
- Experience of Apple VPP, DEP & MDM management solutions would be advantageous
- Up to 3rd line Onsite, Telephone and Remote support for existing customers.
- Troubleshoot day to day problems
- Network Maintenance & Administration
- Setup & Configuration of a range of mobile devices.
A successful Senior IT Support Engineer should have:
- Methodical and disciplined problem solving and fault-finding attributes.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of: Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Networking, Firewalls, VPN and Windows.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft 365 & Exchange
- Knowledge of LAN, WLAN and WAN technology is essential.
- Mac experience, SharePoint and web design knowledge would be advantageous.
- The ability to restore servers from backups within disaster recovery scenarios.
What you personally need:
- Excellent in planning & organisational skills.
- Excellent written & communication skills at various customer ability levels.
- An essential 'can do' attitude when working with internal and external customers.
- Capable of bringing fresh ideas and to suggest improvements throughout the organisation
- Ability to support team members.
- Flexible approach to working and capable of managing crisis situations
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Good Secondary Education results
Full Clean Driving Licence and the ability to travel
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys working in an active, fast moving environment, has good interpersonal, fault finding and diagnostic skills and enjoys the opportunity to embrace flexibility and self-motivation. The ability to work with and around young people in a primary school environment and to converse with clients outside the education sector is a necessity.
There is a competitive salary waiting for the right person, Pension Contributions and travel costs/mileage are reimbursed.
Please note: Whilst we try and provide feedback, unfortunately we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your details you may assume you have not been selected on this occasion...... click apply for full job details