Painter and Decorator - Fixed Term Contract
Our Salisbury capital unit has been successful in securing new projects and we're looking for skilled Painter and Decorators for a six month fixed term contract who enjoy delivering a valued service to our customers. You'll be part of an established and friendly direct trades team working within residential properties completing internal and external upgrading and FRA works.
The benefits of working for Ian Williams Ltd:
Being recognised as a rewarding employer is important to us. We sign up to the Construction Industry Joint Council (CIJC) Working Rule Agreement, offering fair and equitable terms and conditions of employment, including:
- Guaranteed weekly paid earnings based on the 39 hours working week, with annual pay reviews
- The opportunity to enhance basic pay through a productivity based bonus scheme
- 22 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- We want to support our employees to achieve a great work life balance. We consider a variety of working patterns, and are happy to discuss flexible working in relation to this vacancy.
Duties and responsibilities of the Painter and Decorator
- You will be completing external decorations and minor repairs within public environments, including social housing
- Undertaking washdowns of fascias, gutters and downpipes
- To ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and to a high standard you will be incentivised with bonus schemes
- While you will be working on public sites, you will be conscious to ensure you and your team are representing the business, by upholding a professional and friendly manner at all times
Expectations of the successfully appointed Painter and Decorator:
- Qualified to an NVQ 2 level, or similar professional body in Painting and Decorating
- A commitment to work professionally at all times delivering excellent customer service to all our customers
- An understanding of working in a variety of residential environments, around customers possessions and belongings in a safe and professional way
- A good level of health and safety awareness and knowledge
- Possession of a full current UK Driving licence and access to their own vehicle, which is essential to undertake the Painter & Decorator role.
Additional benefits include:
- Pension contributions
- Industry sick pay
- Flexible working opportunities are important; therefore, we can consider a variety of alternative working patterns
- Regular training and performance reviews, allowing for the opportunity to develop within your role, and progress within the business
- Funding towards job relevant qualifications
- Preferred company supplier trade discounts
- Access to the EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), to support your health and wellbeing
If you think you think you have what it takes to become our next Painter and Decorator, then click "Apply" now!
About Ian Williams Ltd:
Discover more, not just from our website but through our Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed and Glassdoor pages.
We reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date based on application volumes.
Ian Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Ian Williams-it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity and all other characteristics that make us different.
Ian Williams Ltd will use applicants details for recruitment purposes only. For more information please read our Candidate Privacy Notice located at our website...... click apply for full job details