Trainee Green Doctor (Home Energy Advisor)
4 days left
- Full Time
Do you like helping people?
Are you concerned about Climate change?
Would you like a job that helps vulnerable people and reduces the effects of Climate Change?
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for you ……
Trainee Green Doctor (Home Energy Advisor) Positions available NOW
This is a paid training position on a 2-month contract with post training positions available.
ROLE:Trainee Green Doctor (Home Energy Advisor)
SALARY: National Minimum Wage, 18-20 year olds - £6.95, over 21-year-old - £8.20 & 25 and over - £8.72
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term - 2 months
OPERATIONAL AREA: Kent and Medway
LOCATION: Gravesend, Kent, DA12/ Currently Working from home
This role is to train you to become one of their highly qualified and well-respected Green Doctors (Home Energy Advisor). The main purpose of a Green Doctor is to deliver Home Energy consultations to vulnerable clients either in their homes or using a telephone or video chat.
You will become a home energy expert assisting people to make changes to their use of energy, saving the environment whilst also saving them money, whilst enabling the vulnerable to keep warm.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a willingness to learn, complete work timely and pass the City and Guilds Level 3 Award: Energy Awareness 6281-01qualification within the timeframe of the employment contract. This qualification is required by many organisations providing energy advice,
It is essential for this role that you have a Full current driving licence
They are looking for people who are interested in working as one of their Green Doctors post training.
Main Duties of the trainee:
- To attend all training sessions
- To make use of all opportunities to learn the role of the Green Doctor
- To be proactive in learning about fuel poverty and energy efficiency
- To revise for and take the set tests
- To act at all times during training in a professional manor particularly while shadowing Green Doctors
- To assist with any tasks requested by senior staff and the Green Doctors you are shadowing
- To be punctual in all appointments
Post training positions will be available to the right candidates to join their Green Doctor Team on a fixed term contract of up to 2 years on a salary circa £22,000. Selection for the positions will be done via an interview process.
- This post is based at home until they are able to return to Home Visits, when it will be a mobile position working primarily across KENT with the designated office location in Gravesend, Kent, but may contribute to delivery across the South East and occasionally in London.
- This post is subject to a DBS check.
- The responsibilities of this post and reporting structure will be periodically reviewed.
- This is a mobile position so a Full UK driving licence is essential and ideally access to your own vehicle for which you will need to be insured for business use. Employees are able to claim back mileage rates as per their Expenses Policy.
In return they offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays pro rata
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Closing Date: 30th September (please note that if they have a high number of applicants the closing date maybe sooner).
Interview Date: Week Commencing 5th October
Start Date: ASAP
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that they reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
They are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate their commitment they have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. They guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of their current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. They shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout their workforce and in service delivery.
This is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of their Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.
No agencies please.