SHE Project and Compliance Engineer
Project SHE and Compliance Engineer
Entrepreneurial zeal and a drive to do things differently have spurred Greenergy to grow from a bedroom start-up to become the UK's leading fuel supplier. Good customer service is central to our mission and we constantly strive to be a company that's easy to deal with by streamlining procedures and eliminating bureaucracy. Choose to work for Greenergy and you'll find that we are welcoming, logical and efficient. We endeavour to approach the status quo of an established industry with fresh eyes.
- Provide SHE support to engineering and projects
- Create and manage audit schedule for project stage gates
- Act as project gate keeper
- Audit compliance with required regulations especially CDM
- Act as lead SHE representative
- Complete and review contractor pre-qualifications and audits as required
- Act as Greenergy Engineering and Projects liaison with Con Com in the Humber area
- Lead HAZAN as required
- Chair & participate in safety assessments such as HAZOP, LOPA as required across all sites
- Will be involved in all sites and countries as per the team
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently and as part of a team to deliver high quality CDM services to a range of projects
- Undertaking monitoring site visits and inspections to determine H&S compliance
- Assisting with the successful management of CDM projects, to ensure projects are legal & compliant
- Attending project and design meetings, raising issues highlighted by project and drawing review
- Preparation of detailed documents, including, PCI's DRA's CPP reviews, H&S File etc. to a an appropriate standard suitable for issue to the project team
- Lead technical investigations as required
- Engagement with Greenergy Group Process Integrity Team, including contributions at periodic PI Meetings
- Ensure appropriate reporting of key PSPI's to group reports and maintenance and development of to ensure relevance of reporting
Qualifications & Skills:
- Appropriate qualifications or suitable engineering experience.
- Projects and Construction industry experience
- A recognised professional qualification in construction health and safety, such as a NEBOSH diploma or NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- A thorough knowledge of CDM2015 regulations and associated legislation
- Registered Member of Association of Project Safety (IMaPS or CMaPS) desirable
- Register member of IOSH or similar
- A sound understanding of the principles of risk reduction and design process
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Good standard of IT skills, e.g. Word, Excel are required
- Must have technical experience and be qualified in a suitable engineering subject.
- Based in Grimsby/Tamworth, however role will involve travel to all sites throughout the UK as required with some possible time spent overseas.
- This list is not exhaustive and the undertaking of additional responsibilities may be required dependent on business needs.
People are key to our continuing success; we work hard to reward, develop and retain staff. We offer a competitive salary, career progression opportunities, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day after 5 years' service for every full year up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance cover of 4 times basic salary
- Eye Care Vouchers, Flu Jabs
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Access to a discount site for things like eating out, health and leisure etc.
- You will also have access to the 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent staff facilities
To apply for this role please submit a current CV along with a cover letter highlighting how you meet the competencies for the role and detailing your previous experience.
Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application, therefore applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we regret to advise you that we are unable to respond to Candidates who are not short listed for this role. If you should have any queries, please contact Deborah Rees .
No Agencies - thank you...... click apply for full job details