Energy Manager - Competitive Salary + Benefits - Rutherglen, Glasgow
SPIE UK, a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment, are looking for an Energy Manager to support Facilities Services in delivering contractual obligations relating to energy management across their portfolio.
The successful candidate will take ownership of energy initiatives. This includes identifying energy carbon savings opportunities, costing works and delivering approved initiatives.
The key responsibilities of an Energy Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Co-ordinating with technical staff and undertake energy surveys, feasibility studies and design for energy reduction projects, and with the engineering and project teams to implement energy savings projects.
- Utilising energy management processes and tools to support Facilities Services client requirements.
- Minimising the run hours of HVAC plant and equipment whilst maintaining a class B thermal comfort level (10%-20% PPD).
SPIE UK is a smart engineering and technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment. Through the convergence of digital technology and the built environment, we engineer, manage and optimise smart spaces and places, improving where our customers work, learn and live.
SPIE UK's Smart City solutions serve the needs of urban clients, whereas our Smart Workplace solutions optimise the performance of commercial business and industrial facilities, while maintaining sustainability.
The key skills and qualities of an Energy Manager:
- Proven experience of Facilities Services contracts, energy usage and potential energy savings.
- Technical knowledge of building energy management systems, with a demonstrable ability to prepare feasibility studies.
- A good level of IT skills with experience in Microsoft products especially Excel.
- Ability to converse with client representatives.
- Desirable skills/qualities: previous experience of PFI related contracts and engineering knowledge of BMS/Automatic Control Systems and related mechanical and electrical plant.
- Core competencies: teamwork, planning, organising, executing, communication, commercial awareness, risk management, adaptability, drive for excellence, self-motivation and customer awareness.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more...... click apply for full job details