Training Safety Advisor
Marine Society and Sea Cadets are seeking to appoint a Training Safety Advisor to join our busy team. You will join us on a permanent basis and in return you will receive a competitive salary of GBP25,000 per annum.
Marine Society and Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a leading maritime charity in lifelong learning and personal development and is the governing charity of the Sea Cadet Corps (SCC), a civilian voluntary youth organisation engaging some 15,000 young people over 400 Sea Cadet Units, throughout the UK. The SCC offers a wide range of youth opportunities with the same enduring objective - to give young people the best possible head start in life through nautical adventure and fun.
The Training Safety Advisor role:
You will become a member of the Northern Area team which includes the following areas (Scotland, Northern Ireland & North East England) they will have a wide range of responsibilities relating to assurance of safe systems of training and the provision of advice on Sea Cadet facilities, equipment, stores and armouries. You will have shared responsibilities for the allocation, inspection, maintenance and security of all MOD weapons and ammunition. Additionally, they will also have a shared responsibilities for the inspection, authorisation and allocation of MOD and MSSC owned waterborne assets (sailing, rowing, paddlesport and power), for overseeing the maintenance and training regime for Water Safety Equipment, and for conducting Health and Safety inspections.
The role also involves logistics support for Area events and competitions and National events taking place within the Area. Previous experience and knowledge acquired from a similar or related role would be a significant advantage. The role requires competence in working in an IT based environment.
What we're ideally looking for in our Training Safety Advisor:
- Good general level of formal education
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent; or working towards. (Must successfully complete within probationary period if not already qualified)
- Implementation of Health and Safety systems
- Undertaking health and safety risk assessments and working within a formal assurance framework
- Incident management, investigation and reporting
- Training, guidance and support of non-specialist staff in safety and assurance requirements
- Managing logistics for events
- Day to day use of Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Managing records (including data base input and maintenance)
In return as our Training Safety Advisor) you will receive:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- season ticket loans
- Eye Care
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you would like to join the team as our Training Safety Advisor then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!..... click apply for full job details