Registered Nurse - Poole, Dorset
We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse to join our client's spinal injury centre based in Poole. Our clients centre provides a range of services that enable people with spinal cord injury (SCI) to transition smoothly along care and rehabilitation pathways. Working with a dedicated therapy and rehabilitation team, our client is looking for nurses keen to work in a small, friendly team located in a peaceful setting just outside of Poole.
The position is Full time, they offer flexibility on days or nights
The pay per hour is GBP17.00
The key responsibilities of the Registered Nurse include:
- Valid NMC Pin
- To act as shift leader when allocated on the roster ensuring that all required tasks to ensure the safety of the service user are undertaken and recorded.
- To monitor that the unit is adequately staffed bringing to the attention of the line manager where there are shortfalls in staffing levels and seek approval for replacement cover.
- Act as a role model in the clinical setting demonstrating the delivery of evidenced based, client centered care to service users with physical disabilities with or without a learning disability.
- To have direct clinical involvement with the service users ensuring you work within your scope of practice
- To coordinate, prepare and Participate in service user reviews including preparing of appropriate reports prior to the meetings.
- Provide expert nursing advice and support to the multi-disciplinary team caring for service users, especially within the residential home.
- Undertake quality standards monitoring and clinical audit system for care of service users with physical disabilities.
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the care delivered to service users, to their family or other carers is quality driven, in line with best practice and quality standards.
- Participate in holistic care plan meetings, multi-disciplinary team meetings and case conferences.
- Promote a homely atmosphere where service users' choice, rights freedom and dignity are preserved.
- Work with the Lead Nurse to identify areas where change is required or where opportunities exist for improving treatment, care and support for service users.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify family and carers needs and advise residential staff on meeting these needs as appropriate.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS/Access NI check.
If you would like to know more or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment on and quote AC2250 and ask for Sammy...... click apply for full job details