Our client, a large facilities service provider are looking to appoint a Cad Operator/building surveyor to join their technical services team and support the delivery of adaptations to domestic properties in the form of Disabled Facility Grants (DFG).
The applicant will be required to be competent on CAD and will assist to develop plans to support specific DFG construction work.
The role will focus on the following requirements:
- To provide design and technical support to building construction projects.Design of projects through site visits and the development of plans using Auto CAD/2D & 3D packages.
- Assist with providing technical advice and guidance on domestic property and or DFG construction projects.
- The assist to develop briefs, specifications, scopes of work or any other technical information to contribute to the delivery of DFG schemes, procurement and Client's briefings.
- To assist to manage as part of their development minor works and property construction projects utilising the project management process and principals within ENGIE.
- To assist, as part of their development, with the issuing of works orders ensuring compliance with legislative, contractual and workmanship requirements including the briefing and commissioning of all consultants and clients.
- To assist as part of their development to prepare option appraisals, feasibility studies, estimates and the production of technical reports as required.Ensure that value is added to the work of the Section through innovation and creativity.Advising Clients and Service Managers on options and recommendations.
- To assist as part of their development to direct and monitor works to include contract variations, project costs and final accounts as appropriate.Assist in evaluating and determining appropriate actions where problems occur and report to client.
To be successful in this role applicants require:
- Experience and qualification Auto CAD/2D & 3D packages.
- IT skills and experience of working with database systems are essential in ensuring an effective service.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and regulations is essential.
- Experience in a building design or maintenance environment, with experience in a variety of construction situations.
- Experience of Building Regulations and planning applications is desirable.
- Experience of CDM Regulations 2015 is desirable.
- HNC Building Technology or a related qualification with supported experience is desirable.
This is a temporary position till March 2021 and the successful applicant will be working 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday (40 hours per week), for this the client is looking to offer an hourly rate of GBP19.48 per hour. Successful applicants must also be willing to be put through a Basic DBS check...... click apply for full job details