Charity Shop Manager
- Full Time
Shop Manager (Vintage & Retro Shop)
Hull, East Yorkshire
Are you a fashion retail or visual merchandising professional with strong leadership skills? Want to do some real good with your career and support the success of a local charity? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We are Dove House Hospice, a dedicated service supporting patients with life limiting illnesses. Providing a range of therapies, services and support, we aim to make the hardest part of life manageable within a sustainable, comfortable and caring environment.
We have over 30 different retail outlets across Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire and they provide vital income which enables us to keep our doors open and continue helping those who need it most.
Within our retail department we use all the latest technology, fully barcoded stock, top of the range EPOS systems, excellent detailed back office sales reports, sales targets, excellent training packages and much more.
We’re now looking for a Shop Manager to join our team in Hull.
- Salary of £18,923 - £20,028 per annum
- Overtime opportunities
- Contributory group personal pension
- Leisure and healthcare discounts
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay
- 22 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown days
This is a brilliant opportunity to help a forward-thinking charity provide the best quality of life possible to individuals with a life limiting illness.
Working in the charitable sector means you’ll be able to make a real difference while building a career to be proud off.
We aim to provide you with the very best experience of working in a fast-moving retail environment and the opportunity to enhance your retailing skills and utilise your creativity.
So, if you have a passion for retail, can take ownership of your shop and are proud to show just what you can achieve, we want to hear from you.
As a Shop Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day management of No. 87 Vintage and Retro Shop.
In this varied role, you will sell goods from a range of locations including the shop itself, online and at fairs and events. You will ensure that No. 87 and our websites are up to date with the latest items and pricing.
Your role will also involve:
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff
- Using analytical reports to maximise shop space and income
- Dealing swiftly with online sales and enquiries
- Using your creativity and retail knowledge to photograph and list items to maximum effect
- Ensuring that the shop achieves targets and operates within budget
- Handling petty cash and completing banking tasks
- Acting as the shop’s main key holder
- Providing cover to other shops in the area if required
Please note, this role will involve carrying out some manual handling tasks.
To join us as a Shop Manager, you’ll need:
- Fashion retail shop experience and/or a proven track record of visual merchandising
- Experience of supervising staff and good leadership skills
- Previous experience with EPOS systems
- A good level of IT literacy, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- The ability to work in a target-driven environment
- A flexible approach to working hours
Charity shop experience would be beneficial, as would experience of working with volunteers. An interest and/or interest in vintage clothing would also be an advantage, as would HTML skills or knowledge of CRM software or website content management software.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Store Manager, Store Supervisor, Retail Manager, Fashion Shop Manager, Vintage Shop Manager, Retro Shop Manager, Charity Shop Supervisor or Retail Team Leader.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25th September 2020.
Webrecruit and Dove House Hospice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Shop Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: full time