Policy and Procedure Officer
Post: Policy and Procedure Officer (temporary)
Purpose of the post
To work alongside the coordinator to revise and document Hope’s policies and procedures, including financial procedures, particularly in the light of Covid-19 and to administer Hope’s financial ‘destitution fund’ payments
£13,158 pa (NJC .22 .5FTE pro rata of £26317 (2019 rate, pending 2020 payrise)
17 hours per week to be worked flexibly.
6 month contract
Working from home and Hope’s Birmingham office
To apply please submit a CV and between 1 and 2 sides of a4 explaining how your skills, experience and attitudes match the person specification below.
Shortlisted applicants will then be asked to carry out a timed test from home. This will require access to email, a word processor and a spreadsheet. 1 or more shortlisted applicants will then be invited to an interview using zoom.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they have access to the necessary equipment for the test and interview.
Applications close on Sunday 6th September 2020
For policy review
1. Assess Hope’s existing policies and procedures
2. Meet with the coordinator and other staff to clarify revisions required
3. Look at good practice in other organisations
4. Draft new policies / procedures
5. Consult with staff and trustees
6. Produce finalised versions
For financial systems
7. Alongside the coordinator, administer the Hope monthly ‘Destitution Fund’ payments, including making online payments by pre-paid card
8. Work with the coordinator and the financial support to revise existing systems and ensure audit compliance
9. Clearly document all financial systems
For the team
10. Take and distribute action minutes of team meetings
11. Compile and distribute reports to the housing steering group.
12. Participating in support and supervision
13. Attending and contributing to staff team meetings and attending training as required
14. Any other duties reasonably expected
1. Considerable experience of financial administration
2. Experience of policy review and revision
3. Experience of developing or revising financial procedures
Skills and abilities
4. Excellent written English
5. Highly competent with Excel and Word
6. Attention to detail
7. Excellent time management
8. Team working skills
9. Sympathy with the aims of Hope Projects
10. Willing and able to work from home