An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Magnum, Comfort, Sure and Ben & Jerrys, are currently seeking a Scientist for their R&D Automation team, based at their innovative research centre in central Liverpool (L7 postcode). This is a full-time temporary role for 10 months paying between GBP24,665 to GBP27,406 per annum pro rata.
This role is to work within the Home Care MIF Hub Team based at the Materials Innovation Factory at the University of Liverpool. The HC MIF Hub Team works with R&D teams around the world to deliver data and insights using the capabilities at the MIF. The work is varied and covers activities across Home & Hygiene and Laundry categories using automated robotics, laboratory instrumentation and standard lab work.
The main activities will be to
- Set up, operate and clean down automated robotic systems for formulating products or assessing product performance
- Carry out experiments on standalone lab instrumentation
- Manipulating data and creating reports/presentations
- Liaise with remote project teams to update on progress and report results
- Help other HC MIF Hub team members deliver their work packages
- Load samples onto robotic systems.
- Taking a variety of products, loading syringes, loading and operating the robot
- Entering raw materials onto the inventory system.
The candidate should also have
- Ability to operate complex technical instrumentation
- Ability to follow experimental plans
- Proven team working and communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise their own time
- Data manipulation & analysis skills
- Ability to quickly learn new methods and ways of working
- Familiarity with common IT systems
- Familiarity with working in a lab environment and following safety systems
- Degree in scientific subject such as Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, Formulation.
- Experience gained working in a lab environment
- Ability to use IT systems and pickup new systems easily
- Experience in Home & Personal Care, FMCG would be advantageous. (Surfactants and cleaning products).