Associate Designer/Designer - Academic
Cambridge University Press has an exciting opportunity available for an Associate Designer/Designer - Academic join our dynamic team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering acompetitive salary of circa GBP26,500 per annum, plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We're one of the world's most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people's potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We need determined individuals to help make this happen. We work in global teams, tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to our Associate Designer/Designer - Academic:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the Associate Designer/Designer - Academic role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Designer (either experienced or recently qualified) to join our Design team, who are at the heart of defining the Cambridge aesthetic by assisting our book cover, text and digital design in Academic.
The role balances technical and creative skills in books publishing and we are open to candidates who have design skills from a different context, or who might have stronger technical skills - training and development will be provided as appropriate. The role sits within Content Operations, Books team and requires system and workload management, commissioning to freelancers and design agencies combined with in-house applied design. We encourage continuous improvement across our department, and as a team make recommendations for improving processes and ways of working collaboratively, building and maintaining open and communicative relationships a vital to our working practice.
This is a role for a Designer who can manage freelancers and create designs but we are open to developing candidates with less experience and will require more training in role, both Job Descriptions are provided with this advertisement.
A portfolio of design work will be required with your application. This should include 5 design projects.
What we are looking for in our Associate Designer/Designer - Academic:
- Creative, proactive and can manage your time well so that you can prioritise conflicting priorities and deadlines
- An excellent communicator who can express your thoughts and ideas clearly and honestly with respect for others and for the work of the team, whilst also being decisive
- Able to keep accurate records on work in progress and learn how to use new systems quickly
- Have strong skills with Adobe Creative Suite software, evidence of technical and aesthetic design skills and qualifications or relevant experience to prove these capabilities
- An interest in and awareness of the Academic publishing industry in crucial
- Knowledge of printing and manufacturing specifications and digital specification knowledge is desirable
Closing date: Sunday 3rd November
Click 'apply' today and don't miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today's global market place as ourAssociate Designer/Designer - Academic.