Due to expansion our well established client is looking for a Housing Officer in Cardiff.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will provide direct support and management to the Service Users and inspection and management of properties used by Service Users.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supporting the Service User (SU)
- Manage a caseload of around 50-60 Service Users
- Attend dispersal and conduct induction of SU into property
- Sign-post as necessary to doctors, shops, support agencies, etc
- Conduct monthly visits and report any incidents, SU issues, absconders etc
- Ensure SU's are Moved On
- Arrange initial transport of SU's to their accommodation or any relocation as required
- Ensure that health and safety of SU's are maintained at all times
- Complete weekly welfare checks of the SU's
Managing a property portfolio
- Effect appropriate maintenance of properties
- Make recommendations to line manager regarding any relocations of SU's and termination of properties to provide more efficient use of portfolio/void management
- Conduct inspections and report defects as required
- Ensure all items within property are replaced /repaired as required in line with inventory procedure.
- Prepare property for re-occupation after SU's move on
- Ensure terminated properties are effectively prepared for hand back to landlord
- Ensure the properties are maintained according to Health and Safety guidelines and company procedures
- Ensure stores are maintained in line with purchasing procedure
- Previous housing/property experience
- Good office administration and organisational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Software
- Full driving licence and a car owner
In return, you will benefit from 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension and life insurance.
Hours: 5 days per week, 40 hours per week, including some weekends. 3 different shift patterns 7am-3.30pm, 11am-7.30pm and 3pm-11.30pm plus one overnight shift every 3 weeks.
Interested in this permanent role, based in Cardiff? Please email your CV or contact me on .