Polymer Chemist - Midlands
Polymer Chemist cGBP29-34K +Benefits
East Midlands AB/J4468
An experienced chemist in polymer development will provide and manage a mix of short and long term development work within the Polymer Development team for new and modified products, and provide technical support to the businesses and their customers in the areas within the job holder's expertise for a leading company.
- To manage and execute long and short term development activities to the plan for the Polymer Development Department.
- To develop and evaluate new products for new and existing applications, to bring them to market speedily and effectively.
- To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- To ensure good communication with and appropriate involvement of other R&D functions, such as the Application Development and Technical Service teams, as well as the commercial teams. This includes using the R&D job request systems, ensuring appropriate reporting in line with the R&D ISO9000 manual and participating in or leading global cross-functional technology teams as and when required.
- To liaise with plant personnel and provide technical support and assistance to resolve production and quality issues.
- To be responsible for the provision of formulations and aid in the scaling up of new products.
- To liaise with customers, suppliers, trade associations etc., to maintain knowledge and understanding of the field and to represent the company technically.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A degree , MSc , or PhD or equivalent qualification incorporating aspects of Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science, Composite Engineering or a related subject
- Commercial experience of polymer development
- Experience in a R&D environment, preferably in the polymer, adhesive or composite materials field.
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
- Strong sense of urgency and able to drive work forward to meet targets and timelines
- Knowledge and understanding of the uses of the Company's manufactured products.
- Experience of working in a R&D environment.
- Experience of working in the manufacturing (preferably chemical) industry.
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J4468 on