Engineering Team Manager
Posted Date: Oct
Engineering Team Manager - Barnard Castle Sterile Business Unit (SBU)
GSK Are currently looking for an engineering team manager for their state-of-the-art manufacturing site in Barnard Castle. As a Engineering team manager you will be responsible for implementing assigned aspects of the site Equipment Reliability program and site strategy by ensuring production equipment is available to produce when needed & to deliver product per customer demand.
- Management & supervision of the SBU Engineering team.
- Management & supervision of contractors.
- Engineering customer for SBU small-scale project activities.
- Management of SBU maintenance budget,
- Planning & implementation of EHS policy & improvement activities.
- Planning & implementation of Quality policy & improvement activities.
- Planning & implementation of maintenance strategy.
- Delivery of continuous improvements to drive increased performance in line with objectives and KPI's.
- Preparation & review of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules & associated reports via MERPS.
- Provision of information WRT customer service, maintenance & shutdown requirements to the business schedule planning forum.
- Additional duties as defined & agreed with the business unit Engineering Operations Manager due to business requirements
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st November
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience is essential.
- Engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- Required to demonstrate competence in current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), understands its impact on their own role and the implications of not following cGMP.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website:
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
We're open to all talent - whatever your gender, disability, marital status, religion or belief, age, race, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on , or send an email
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is voluntary. This will be used to help us understand how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information, it is not used in any part of the selection process and we will treat your information confidentially and use it anonymously.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.