Multi Skilled Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled Engineer to provide technical expertise across our contract with Exeter Schools. Exeter Schools is a PFI contract made up of 6 schools located within close proximity and in this role, you will operate across the schools with regard to planned and reactive maintenance, M&E and projects ensuring high levels of compliance and health & safety.
This position will suit a multi-skilled electrician / plumber who is a practical thinker with good attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
Please note, you will be required to undertake the role within a weekly rotating early/late shift system and be prepared to assume on call responsibilities every 1 in 4 weeks.
- Carry out and oversee the day to day operation which includes planned maintenance, fault finding and repair, periodic inspections and testing of the complete spectrum of services found in a building services environment which include:
- LV Sub Station Distribution and associated Electrical Systems
- HVAC systems
- Water Systems and Distribution
- Sanitary fittings
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Boiler Controls and associated equipment\services
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Building Fabric and Structure
- Ensure that corrective maintenance and reactive works are carried out within the priority timescales
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with legislation, codes of practice, manufacturer's recommendations, HSE recommendations and meets prescribed standards in the contract
- Work with contract operational and administrative staff to ensure Hard Service tasks are completed and reported effectively
- Take direction and receipt of planned or reactive workloads from the Hard Services Managers or Helpdesk for completion