Bus Driver - Swansea
We are looking for Bus Drivers (Trainee & Qualified) to join our team in Swansea
Do you fancy a change? We can offer you a rewarding career with a difference!
Going out on the open road as a bus driver, you'll work on your own initiative and take ownership of your bus on its travels, looking after passenger safety and providing a great customer experience. You'll drive different routes, issue tickets and drop people off at their destinations.
What can we offer you?
- As a bus driver you will earn GBP9.09 per hour plus an increased rate for overtime and great benefits.
- After 6 months of service the basic rate will go up to GBP9.90 per hour Mon-Fri, the weekend rate will be GBP11.24 per hour.
- After 6 months of service the overtime rate will be GBP10.61 per hour and the weekend overtime rate will be GBP12.22 per hour!
- You will be contracted to a 39 hours per week (this is a permanent position).
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is a good communicator and gets on well with people. You must be patient, a safe driver, reliable and calm under pressure. Happy to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends, you should also have a full UK driving licence (with no more than 3 points).
Training & Qualifications:
Full paid training will be provided which includes;
- Training for a PCV Licence
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Ticket machine and ticket type training
We also have a great range of benefits:
- Up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- Company pension
- Free bus travel for you and your family
- GBP6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies. For example, for GBP6 per day per person you can take the train all the way to London and back!
- High Street discounts
First Cymru is the largest operator in the Swansea area operating routes along the picturesque Swansea Bay, Mumbles, Swansea Valley and Llanelli area.
South Wales Transport commenced operating on 2 May 1914 in Swansea with the early buses having solid tyres and staff and passengers exposed to the weather. Nowadays we are at the forefront of on bus technology, with real time information, tracking and contactless payments! We are a team strong of 250 employees and we move around 130,000 passengers each week.
Here at the Swansea depot we also assist with major events at the Liberty Stadium and the Wales national air show. We also work closely with Swansea University and local authorities
Interested? Click on apply!