Electric Engineer Up-skill to Dual Fuel Engineer
Morrison Data Services (MDS) are market leaders, focused on innovative solutions. We are proud to be one of the UK's largest utilities support organisations - and we're still growing with some exciting times ahead!
Due to ongoing growth and the successful win of new national contracts, we are seeking Gas Meter Engineers to upskill to Dual Fuel Meter Engineers on a free training programme.During the 14 week programme, you will receive a competitive salary of GBP22,000 per annum, which will subsequently rise to GBP29,033 when signed off from Dual Fuel training.
MDS are at the forefront of driving positive change within the industry, with an underpinning dedication to health and safety, even receiving national recognition when we won gold at the internationally renowned ROSPA Health and Safety Awards. We strive to provide our clients with a seamless customer experience whilst enabling the installation of smart meters and associated equipment.
Following the 14 week training programme, your main responsibilities as a Dual Fuel Meter Engineer will be:
- Installing and exchanging gas and electric meters in a variety of premises issued via tablets.
- Completing prescribed testing in line with industry standards and codes of practice.Collecting and depositing electric and gas meters from the designated storage facility.
- Completing all relevant associated administrative work.
- Assisting locksmith and a debt representative to ensure safe completion of warrant jobs.
- Other duties may be undertaken as and when required, in particular when new business is gained.
- Achieving and exceeding work performance targets and adhere to health and safety procedures, industry standards and codes of practice.
Skills and experience:
- Gas Safe - CCN1 / MET1 or CMA1 / MET1.
- Track record of accurately and safely installing gas meters.
- A positive attitude towards work.
In return we will offer you:
- Basic salary of GBP22,000 rising to GBP29,033 once signed of as a Dual Fuel engineer
- Achievable bonus that rewards excellence in safety and outstanding customer service
- Competitive out of hours payments
- Company van and fuel card
- Pension scheme along with additional benefits
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Fully supplied with PPE, uniform and tools
- Ongoing training and development
- Mobile phone and tablet
- Access to employee forums where everyone's view is considered
- Access to My Rewards portal - giving great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and hospital fund
Ready to apply?
We hope you're ready to join us as we grow our customer base. We actively encourage our engineers to progress within the business and we'd love to talk to you about future progression opportunities too. We have an impressive track record of providing realistic development opportunities in a wide variety of roles, including leadership development programmes.
We take customer and colleague safety very seriously and as such you will be subject to drug and alcohol screening as part of the assessment process and ongoing throughout your career. You will also be subject to a colour vision test.