Power Electronics Design Engineer - DC PSU, Power Supply, EMC, Voltage
Power Electronics Design Engineer, DC PSU, Power Supply, EMC, Voltage
In this role you will be required to create design solutions for electronic/electrical products in underwater vehicles in line with the company's business needs through innovation, creativity and professionalism.
To work with minimal supervision either on your own or within project teams.
You may be required to manage projects, this will require you to direct and co-ordinate project activities within the Engineering Department and other areas of the business such as Purchasing, Operations, Sales and Logistics.
- Proven hardware design experience of several switch mode power supplies, in novel topologies and optimised to a client's use requirements
- DC PSU design: input voltage 5kV, output voltage 600V, 10-100 kW.
- Design of control loop, thermals, PSU & load protection and layout
- Design and specification of magnetics
- Design modelling, simulation and analysis
- Design for EMC Compliance
- Development of requirements specifications and test procedures
- Experience of conducting hardware qualification testing
- System level integration and testing
- Hands on can do approach to the above
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with extensive professional experience.
- Power transmission and active power factor correction
- Knowledge of electrical wiring regulations