Semi Senior Accountant
Excellent opportunity for a Semi Senior Accountant - GBP15,000 - GBP21,000 + study support - Start ASAP
Your new company
Your new company is an accountancy firm based in the heart of Sheffield. They support both major corporations and smaller businesses.
Your new role
Your new job role will involve the following:
- Bookkeeping for some large accounts - including posting purchase invoices and sales invoices and matching bank transactions to these to software, and filing documents in a timely manner - bookkeeping will equate to at least half of the role
- Using bank statements to post any additional transactions leading to reconciliation of bank accounts on the software
- Some foreign currency transactions - possibly multiple bank accounts to reconcile
- Ad hoc additional work such as Agency reconciliations, Paypal reconciliations, credit card reconciliations as required job to job
- General client communications (phone calls and emails) and dealing with general day to day bookkeeping queries
- From bookkeeping this will lead to preparing the quarterly VAT Returns for each client - for manager review
- The other proportion of the role will involve preparation of year end accounts - preparing all working paper schedules to create a set of financial statements to draft stage for manager review
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have minimum 2+ year's experience working in an accountancy practice. Experience of accountancy software is essential (Sage Line 50 or similar software) and confident with spreadsheets/Excel.
The role would suit someone who is proactive and well organised, as it is a very busy practice.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a highly competitive salary of GBP15,000 - GBP21,000 depending on previous working experience plus full study support. Working days are Monday until Friday, 8:30am - 5pm with 1 hour for lunch. Holidays are 23 days plus stats and free parking. A fantastic opportunity with a great accountancy firm.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.