Office Administrative Assistant - Term Time
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: FMAT Band 4 - GBP17,306-GBP18,183 pro rata
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Receptionist/Office Assistant starting December 2019.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills together with patience, empathy and a sense of humour;
- A pleasant and welcoming manner;
- The ability to be a real team-player and desire to help and support our children and families;
- The self-confidence to make well-informed decisions;
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels - adults & children;
- Willingness to administer medicines and First Aid;
- Excellent computer skills, as well as a willingness to develop your ICT skills further to cope with the ever-changing nature of this role (knowledge of SIMS and excel an advantage);
- The knowledge to update the school website and social media accounts;
- The ability to work efficiently and to deadlines;
- The skills to work under pressure and to use own initiative;
- Maths & English GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent);
- The ability of observe and respect confidentiality;
We can offer you a fantastic and supportive team to work with in a friendly and happy school.
We are committed to the highest standards in safeguarding procedures. The successful candidate will be subject to appropriate DBS checks. We are an equal opportunities employer.
To appreciate our school and understand why we love it as much as we do, candidates are welcome to visit us by prior appointment. Please contact our Office Manager Kirsty Bravery to arrange.
If you would like to apply for this post, please complete our application form by 9am on Thursday 14th November 2019. Interviews will be the following week.
Closing Date: 14/11/2019 at 09:00
Interviews: wk beginning 18th November
Information about the school
South Avenue is a popular two form entry primary school in Sittingbourne. It was formed in 2014 following the merger of the infant and junior schools, which occupy the same site, and is a member of Fulston Manor Academies Trust.
Since amalgamation the school has made rapid progress and was judged to be "Good" in all categories at the end of the 2017 Ofsted inspection. You can find a copy of our most recent Ofsted report on the website.
Our school vision is We Discover, We Learn, We Grow. We aim to ensure every child is ready for a lifetime of learning and equipped for the real world. We follow our school 6Cs - Collaboration, Commitment, Creativity, Courage, Community and Challenge.
There is a strong community feel about the school and we pride ourselves on looking not only to deliver a rich and balanced curriculum and providing pupils with the tools to learn, but also having a strong focus on the well-being of each child.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.