Design & Technical Manager
The role of the Design Engineer is to provide efficient solutions to the development of and manufacture of the company's products. This role encompasses all aspects from research and development to design and manufacture.
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines;
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs;
- Discussing and solving problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments;
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques;
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs;
- Producing approval drawings for customer sign off
- Produce manufacturing drawings for the workshop.
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results;
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design software.
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
- Follow all health and safety policies in line with the company health and safety policy and current health and safety legislation to ensure the health and safety of himself, colleagues and visitors.
- Compile and maintain a comprehensive and accurate file on all existing and future company products.
- Produce material costs and estimates for sales quoting requirements.
- Produce material costs for projects that the company receives.
Apply for Design & Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly