Senior Shift Leader
Senior Shift Leader
Opportunities in Wellingborough, Rushden, Irchester, Cransley, Irthlingborough and Northampton
We’re Alderwood, a specialist care organisation supporting young adults on the autism spectrum disorder and challenging behaviour.
Providing care and education as part of an integrated support system, we run a number of small homes with a family-type feel to enable our service users and residents to feel at home and comfortable.
We’re now looking for a number of Senior Shift Leaders to join our teams in Wellingborough, Rushden, Irchester, Cransley, Irthlingborough and Northampton. This is a shift-based role working 36.5 hours per week including alternate weekends. You will also take part in an on-call service on a rota basis.
- Salary of £10.86 per hour (plus on-call enhancement)
- Make a positive impact on the care of young people
- 28 days’ paid holiday
- Pension contribution (4% of salary)
- Death in service benefit (2 X salary)
- Your own Personal Development Portfolio (PDP)
- Your own 1:1 mentoring to guide you through your first 6 months
- Vocational qualifications such as diplomas and bespoke training programs
- Continuous development and career progression
- Long Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Award
- Employee of the Month scheme
If you have residential care experience and a track record of working with challenging behaviours, this is the ideal opportunity to step up and take on a leadership position as a Senior Shift Leader.
You’ll have the chance to develop management skills and oversee the work of others, enhancing your career and your future worth.
What’s more, in addition to skills development and a great range of rewards and benefits, you will have the satisfaction of making a real difference to the lives of young people, enhancing their wellbeing and quality of life.
As the Senior Shift Leader, you will be tasked with ensuring the safety and wellbeing of service users at your location in either Wellingborough, Rushden, Irchester, Cransley, Irthlingborough or Northampton.
Overseeing the work of other staff, you will take personal accountability for the standard of services provided and ensure that staff are allocated effectively to meet the needs of services users.
As part of your role, you will be required to take part in an on-call rota.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure compliance with H&S requirements and legislation and best practice
- Report all concerns around safety and safeguarding immediately
- Maintain detailed records in line with legislation and Alderwood’s policies and procedures
- Act as a keyworker to individual service users
- Write bi-monthly reports about the service users which will be sent to their parents
- Work as part of a team in a constructive and supportive manner
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Contribute to a culture of open communication and constructive feedback from colleagues
- Communicate with families and outside agencies in a professional and courteous manner
To be considered as a Senior Shift Leader, you will need:
- Experience of providing care in a residential setting
- Previous experience in working with challenging behaviour
- A Level 2 diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent (or working towards)
Other organisations may call this role Care Team Leader, Care Team Supervisor, Care Assistant Team Lead, Support Worker Team Leader, Autism Team Leader, or Senior Carer.
This is a shift-based role working rotas of 7.15am – 2.30pm and 2.15pm – 9.30pm including alternate weekends.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding vulnerable groups and will require the successful applicant to complete an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing their role. It is expected that all staff are committed to safeguarding and working within the guidelines set out by Alderwood for vulnerable people.
Webrecruit and Alderwood LLA are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready to grow your career and fulfil your potential as a Senior Shift Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.