Assistant Buyer / GBP20,000 - GBP25,000 / Blackburn
Your new company
You will join an industry leading manufacturing organisation.
Your new role
You will be working as part of the procurement team providing services to the manufacturing facility under the guidance of the Buyer and Purchasing Manager. You will be responsible for improvement activities and the procurement of goods and services. Key responsibilities include-
- Manage an agreed portfolio of routine suppliers
- Identify and evaluate new suppliers and carry out first stages of the vendor creation process
- Support the Buyer in the tender process, including formulating enquiries, evaluating bids, preparing contracts and ensuring any legislative and company requirements are met
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate 1-2 years year experience within a Purchasing role and be able to demonstrate the following-
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence in communicating with internal staff and external suppliers
- A proactive, eager and passionate approach to work
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritise own workload and high attention to detail
What you'll get in return
You will receive a GBP20,000 - GBP25,000 salary dependant on experience plus benefits. The company will also support the successful candidate's personal development via CIPS qualification.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.