Lettings and Property Manager
Lettings and Property Manager– Job Description
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 pa
An opportunity is available for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join our team.
CLM is a leading independent property management consultancy providing the complete management of property, estates, land and the environment in the South East.
We require a motivated individual with prior experience of property management and letting.
- Minimum 3 years recent lettings experience
- Industry recognised qualification such as ARLA or willingness to study towards
- Technical property management knowledge
- Ability to problem solve with good attention to detail
- Understanding of Lettings and Property Management Legislation
- Full driving licence and use of own car
- Day to day management of all residential properties on a number of rural estates
- Positively communicate with all Tenants and Landlords negotiating resolution of any issues
- Attend to valuations when required and arrange and carry out viewings
- Feedback to Landlords, Tenants and applicants following viewings
- Coordinate and carry out regular property inspections, reporting efficiently and effectively with landlords, and arrange remedial works and follow up visits if required,as per Landlords instructions
- Dealing with out of hours emergency calls
- Negotiate the terms of tenancies and negotiate tenancy renewals when applicable and managing all associated paperwork
- Preparing inventories undertaking check-ins and check-outs as required and negotiating any charges against deposits
- Preparing documents for deposit arbitration as and when required
- Managing rent arrears within legislation, ensuring that arrears are dealt with in a timely manner.Preparation of court documents if and when required.
- Health & Safety – arranging all gas and electric checks are undertaken as and when required and ensuring compliance of all legislation.Knowledge of all relevant letting regulations to ensure we and the properties comply at all times, including updating knowledge through CPD on an ongoing basis.
Objectives: To work as part of a team managing all residential properties on a day to day basis, and to re-let Estate properties as and when they become available. To ensure that all procedures carried out by the property team are adhered to in accordance with all current property legislation.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate articulately and in a confident manner
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- A professional, positive and enthusiastic approach
- Good numeracy skills
- Confident and well presented
- Knowledge of property law
Based fulltime at our office in Hartfield, East Sussex.
Closing date: Friday 29th November 2019
Click apply to send your CV
Apply for Lettings and Property Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly