Maintenance Programmes Engineer
Based within our TUI Airways Maintenance Programmes department, the Maintenance Programmes Engineer will create, amend, update, maintain and develop up to 12 maintenance programmes for five TUI Group operators and one 3rd party operator for a fleet of up to 80 Boeing 737NG / 757 / 767 and 787 aircraft.
What you will be doing
As Maintenance Programmes Engineer, you will be reviewing changes to the manufacturers' recommendations, including Maintenance Planning Data (MPD) and their effect on TUI Group Operators customised Maintenance Programme.
This will include the following:
- Liaising with manufacturers in respect of MPD task anomalies
- Researching and reviewing recommendations generated from within TUI Group Operators for changes to Thomson Airways Maintenance Programme
- Preparation of submissions to TUI Group Operators review committee meeting for changes to the Maintenance Programmes
- Undertaking projects and preparing reports as may be directed by the Dept Manager in the preparation or development of Maintenance Programmes
- Producing, amending or enhancing departmental, inter-departmental and company procedures
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Reliability Programme
- Co-ordinating Reliability and Technical Support recommendations for review by the Maintenance Programme Committee
- Participation in manufacture - co-ordinated Industry Steering Committee activities for Maintenance Review Board Report (MRBR) development
- Involvement in aircraft fleet change projects, where acquisitions and disposals require record reviews to define integration check requirements
- Organise monthly aircraft Maintenance Programme meeting to present significant aircraft maintenance programme amendments
What we are looking for
- Engineering degree preferred
- Extensive technical experience in aviation. extensive relevant experience may override need for degree/licence
- Knowledge of EASA Part M, Part 145 and MSG2/3 principles
- Be able to build working relationships with multiple TUI Group Operators and National Regulatory Authorities
- Can work under pressure to react to operational requirements and time constraints
- Ability to plan and organise in a methodical and analytical manner
- Numerate and literate, good communicator capable of presenting data and plans
- IT literate (MS-Office) and able to work with AMOS and other TUI IT applications
- Able to hold a DfT Airside pass, has current UK passport and full driving licence
Working within TUI group
Be Yourself??? Be Unique! TUI's more than a brand, it's who we are. Trusted - Unique - Inspiring.
We're the leading tourism business with diverse customers and over 67,000 employees. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind. Just like our customers, we're on a journey, of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we're encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives. Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it's our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
The TUI Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies. TUI is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.