Quantity Surveyor WJGQ91047
If you are results orientated, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and our ambitious about developing your career, then we’d love to hear from you!
A number of new opportunities are available in an exciting successful and growing organisation as we look to invest and expand our talent with our commercial functions.
At the Watkin Jones Group we specialise in creating the future of living. Established in 1791 the company can draw on more than 200 years of experience in bringing forward high-quality developments that address the needs of modern living.
We are a leading UK developer of multi-occupancy, managed, residential properties with a focus on the student accommodation and build to rent sectors. We also operate a thriving homes division experienced in delivering a range of schemes.
This is a key commercial role, accountable for the management of budgets on large, complex developments.
Candidates will need a strong knowledge in all aspects of commercial management of large projects with an understanding and insight into multi-occupancy residential buildings.
We are looking for individuals who are ambitious with long term goals to help take the organisation to the next phase of its evolution.
Responsibilities (please refer to the job description for details);
- Budget management
- Procurement and sub-contractor management
- Essential understanding and ability to cost plan
- Assess, understand and communicate commercial risk to key stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of contractual law
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Recognised QS/Commercial qualification
- Ideally working towards RICS accreditation
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- The ability to negotiate
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
In return we can offer you…
A competitive remuneration package (salary, bonus, car, pension), holidays and benefits along with career progression and ongoing professional and managerial development.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor WJGQ91047
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly