Senior Quantity Surveyor WJGS91038
If you are results orientated, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are ambitious about developing your career, then we want to hear from you!
A number of new opportunities are available in an exciting successful and growing organisation as we look to invest and expand our talent within our commercial functions.
At the Watkin Jones Group we specialise in creating the future of living. Established in 1791 the company can draw on more than 200 years of experience in bringing forward high-quality developments that address the needs of modern living.
We are a leading UK developer of multi-occupancy, managed, residential properties with a focus on the student accommodation and build to rent sectors. We also operate a thriving homes division experienced in delivering a range of schemes.
This is a key leadership role with responsibility for the management of people and budgets on large, complex developments.
Candidates will need have a strong delivery track record within commercial management of large projects with an understanding and insight into multi-occupancy residential buildings. They need to be equally passionate about the technical elements of the role and their role as a line manager.
We are looking for individuals who are ambitious with long term goals to help take the organisation to the next phase of its evolution.
Responsibilities (please refer to the job description for details);
- Budget management
- Procurement and management of sub-contractors
- Line Management
- Essential understanding and ability to cost plan
- Assess and understand commercial risk and make key business decisions
- Understanding and strong working knowledge of contractual law
- Must have proven track record in a senior commercial role
- Can work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ideally RICS accredited (or working towards)
- Recognised QS/Commercial Qualification
- Previous management experience
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- The ability to negotiate
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
In return we can offer you….
A competitive remuneration package (salary, bonus, car, pension), holidays and benefits along with excellent career progression and ongoing professional and managerial development.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor WJGS91038
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly