Director of Admissions and Marketing
Director of Admissions and Marketing
Exeter School is an independent educational organisation for pupils aged 7 – 18. Our strong links to the local community, well-established pastoral care systems and fantastic teaching enable us to challenge, inspire and deliver the very best learning to our students.
We’re now looking for a Director of Admissions and Marketing to bring together our admissions and marketing functions and deliver outstanding services to the school.
- Salary of up to £50,000 per annum DOE
- Free lunches during term time
- On-site parking
- Fee benefits if any children attend the school
- Use of well-equipped gym and weights room
- Use of indoor swimming pool for self during term time and self and family during holidays
This is the ideal role for a leader with strategic level experience and an outstanding way with people to take on a fresh challenge with our fantastic educational institution. Although a background in education would help, it’s by no means an essential requirement and we’ve found that those from commercial industries can bring a lot to the table and we welcome applications from people with a wide variety of backgrounds.
You will be taking on a new role at the school focusing on our reach and exposure and ensuring our educational ethos and offering can be provided to the widest range of potential students.
Our focus is to provide our pupils with an incredible education experience that will stay with them throughout their lives and provide a firm foundation for higher education and rewarding careers. We aim to make our school as accessible as possible to pupils and parents from a wide variety of economic backgrounds and are proud to offer some of the lowest independent school fees in the region.
As the Director of Admissions and Marketing, you will drive the development and implementation of the strategic admissions plan and bring admissions, marketing, communications and events together under one umbrella function.
Specifically, your role will encompass overseeing pupil recruitment, as well as the development and implementation of recruitment strategies and driving the maximum school visits, enquiries, registrations and joiners.
You will develop and implement the marketing strategy, acting as a brand guardian and promoting and developing the school’s image and reputation.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure that the school communicates in a consistent, professional and prompt manner
- Deliver continuous dialogue and feedback with stakeholders
- Oversee the provision of key literature for our website, the parent portal and social media
- Manage and guide all activity relating to pupil recruitment and public relations events
- Directly line manage the Communications Manager and the Admissions Officer
To be considered as the Director of Admissions and Marketing, you will need:
- Experience of successful engagement with and management and care of customers, ideally but not necessarily in an educational environment
- Experience of successful strategic planning and implementation at senior level
- Experience of leading, motivating and managing others in a large, multi-faceted environment
- Outstanding ‘people’ skills, being able to listen, build rapport and communicate persuasively with people of different backgrounds
- A successful track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- A proven ability to come up with creative solutions to business challenges
While experience of working within an educational environment is desirable, the role may also suit someone with commercial sales and marketing experience gained outside the sector, but who has the relevant transferable skills to undertake this complex and fulfilling role.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Admissions, Head of School Admissions, Head of Marketing and Admissions, Director of Admissions, or Director of School Admissions.
We’d also be interested in hearing from those who have held the role of Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Head of Sales, Sales Director, Head of Marketing, or similar.
Please note, you will need to select the apply button shown and complete the application form in order to be considered, CVs will not be accepted. Other documents and policies relating to recruitment at our school will also be available at the point of application.
The closing date for this role is the 4th December 2019.
Webrecruit and Exeter School are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you think you could thrive as the Director of Admissions and Marketing, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.