Supervising Social Worker
Supervising Social Worker
Predominantly covering Swansea, Carmarthenshire and West Wales
Salary scale: Supervising Social Worker (Post ASYE) £28,000 – £34,968 per annum (depending on experience)
Regional Foster Families is an independent fostering agency providing safe, high quality family placements to children and young people who are ‘looked after’ by local authorities. We pride ourselves on providing an environment which enables the children and young people to fulfil their potential and live positive lives.
The Wales team covers all of Wales but has families in Swansea and Carmarthen area. We are looking for another committed Supervising Social Worker, ideally with good knowledge of fostering legislation, to join our dedicated and supportive team and an Independent Fostering Agency.
The successful candidate will predominately cover Swansea and West Wales. Ideally the successful candidate will live within in this area with the option to be home based if they live more than 30 minutes travel time from the office in Merthyr Tydfil.
The Supervising Social Worker’s duties will include:
- The recruitment and assessment of prospective foster carers; this will include presenting completed Form F assessments to our foster panel
- The support and supervision for our approved foster carers
- Providing support for all members of our fostering households
- Carrying out household reviews of our approved foster carers and presenting the reports to our fostering panel
- Facilitating foster carers support groups and training
- The management of children and young peoples’ fostering placements
- Partaking in the out of hours ‘on call’ system
- Be willing to work flexibly including evenings and weekend work, when required
- To contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the region; this will include working closely with local authorities
You will be joining a committed team with high ethical standards, a commitment to safeguarding children and best childcare practice.
You will receive monthly supervision, an annual appraisal (initially within the 6-month probationary period), a realistic caseload (maximum of 12 fostering households) and opportunities for further professional and personal development. You will require your own car with business use insurance cover.
- Mileage allowance
- Realistic caseloads
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
- Initially 25 days’ annual leave
- Birthday leave – an additional day of annual leave on your birthday
- Pension scheme
You will be joining a fantastic and supportive team and the right candidate will be key in the further growth and development of our agency.
You must be a fully qualified Social Worker with a current Care Council Wales registration to be considered for this role.
Please note we work to a safer recruitment policy, to be considered please select the button shown to access the portal and submit your application.
The closing date for applications is Friday 29th November 2019. Candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted shortly after this date; the provisional date set for interviews is Tuesday 10th December 2019.
Webrecruit and Regional Foster Families Ltd are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Fostering Supervisor, Social Worker, Fostering Caseworker, Social Services Manager, Welfare Worker, Social Caseworker, or Senior Social Worker.