Multi Drop Delivery Driver
Multi Drop Delivery Driver – Andover
Reporting to the Depot Supervisor and acting as an ambassador for Abel & Cole this is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning team that is passionate about delivering top quality, organic produce direct to the customer’s door. As a Multi Drop Delivery Driver you will have the chance to add value to our existing driving team, provide feedback to a management structure that values your input and enacts change as needed all the while ensuring that our customers receive a service which is second to none. Our Andover Depot (SP10 5NT) is located in the Walworth Business Park and your delivery area on any given day will be within 1 hour of this location. You will have the opportunity to manage your own route, with the support of our 30 years of experience, giving you flexibility within your day to day. We understand a role like this can be challenging, but we believe in our Multi Drop Delivery Drivers and, by doing things a little differently, we truly believe we offer a one of a kind experience within the market. We will, of course, offer you full training and support to help you develop in your role alongside a host of benefits not least of which the ability to take your delivery van home with you at the end of the day – just another little thing we do!
This role is being initially offered as a 3 month FTC with a strong possibility of a permanent contract at the end. If you are looking for something new then read on to find out more:
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Ensure that customer deliveries take place in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Exceed customer expectations by giving an exemplary and personalised service.
- Ensure you reflect our values and principles, acting as an ambassador of Abel & Cole.
- Drive safely and courteously at all times.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and professional appearance, wearing uniform to an acceptable standard.
- Perform any other duties suitable to position as required.
Who are we?
A pioneer of organic home delivery, Abel & Cole is a brand famous for seasonal organic fruit & veg. Since 1988 we’ve built close relationships with other brilliant organic pioneers in order to deliver a wide range of fantastic organic food to people’s homes across much of England. We represent a refreshing alternative to supermarket shopping, but without being worthy or preachy. No air freight, no silly packaging, no nasty chemicals – just great food produced by people who really love what they do. We deliver to around 40,000 households and we employ nearly 600 great people. We consider ourselves bold, irreverent, genuine, friendly and honest, and it is crucial that this comes across in everything we do.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- The ability to start work early in the morning, from 4.30am (there’s no weekend work!).
- Full European category “B” driving license.
- Mature and professional driving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills relating to colleagues, customers and the public.
- Experience in customer service.
- Basic vehicle maintenance skills at driver level.
- An interest in Organics and a proactive attitude towards the care of our environment.
- Experience making multi drop deliveries would be great but this is not essential – full training will be provided.
What we offer
- This is a full-time position – best of all, the role is Monday – Friday (no weekends!).
- 28 days inclusive of bank holidays running from the 1st May to 30th April.
- A free box of fruit and veg every week (It’s pretty delicious!) alongside company discount of up to 35%.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Grants for sport, performing arts, education and non-vocational courses.
If you feel that you have what it takes to be an Abel & Cole driver, please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role to
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees regardless of sex, gender reassignment, marital status, sexual preference, race and nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or creed, disability, age, responsibility for dependants, political views or trade union membership. We want our employees to develop their talents to the full for the benefit of all. Members of staff are expected to accept personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination - a place where everyone is treated respectfully.
Apply for Multi Drop Delivery Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly