Personal Care Assistant for Sundays
Are you passionate about helping people?
We are recruiting for a Personal Care Assistant to support a joyful individual with learning disabilities in their own home on Sundays (and/ or Saturdays).
- Location: Arbury, North Cambridge.
- Urgent need for Sunday staff, and/ or alternative Saturdays (full days, or half days).
- Also available are Monday afternoons from 3pm to 9pm, and Monday to Fridays 7pm to 8pm.
- Salary: £9.00 to £10.00 per hour (real living wage)
We are currently recruiting for this exciting service:
You will join a committed and joyful team supporting an individual with physical and learning disabilities in their peaceful home environment.
You will be supporting a 42-year old individual who has a very peaceful, kind and joyful countenance. He is a wheelchair user, does not communicate verbally and needs help with all daily tasks of living. He loves seeing his family, going out for walks, to church on Sunday mornings, and to activity groups during the week (swimming on Saturday, bowling, trampolining, music therapy), and just watching the world around him in someone’s company. If you enjoy a cup of tea, listening to music, swimming and watching the birds in the trees: he will be a good companion.
- We are looking for people who are patient, kind, protective and full of creativity.
- We would like you to treat people with different abilities with honour and dignity and to persevere to bring out their unique gifts and skills: to enjoy these together with them!
- Our service offers to build a Christian community around the people we support, if they so choose. An openness to be part of such a community would be welcome.
- Experience of person-centred support is preferred, but not essential. You will have a willingness to learn and the compassion and patience needed to support.
- A full, clean driving licence is preferred but not essential.
What we offer:
- We offer you person-centred training, so you will be able to get to know the person you will be supporting and how you can support them in the best way.
- We offer you opportunity to gain recognised qualifications (e.g. Care Certificate), and to engage in your own continuing development.
- We offer you the opportunity to enjoy all their social and leisure activities together with them. The people we support have a wonderful sense of fun and laughter, and we would love for you to get to know them.
Does this sound like an opportunity for you? Please get in touch to learn more about the role and our people.
Mannawell is a local organisation and our mission is to provide compassionate, personalised care and support to people with learning disabilities to help them live a full and joyful life. We aim to help them in line with the Christian principle of loving your neighbour: “Love is patient, love is kind… It always protects”.
Read more at www.mannawell.uk
Apply for Personal Care Assistant for Sundays
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly