- Full Time
Cambridge and travel to surrounding areas
Full Time - 37 hours per week
Circa £27,000 plus £2,000 essential car user allowance
bpha is a Housing Association located in the Oxford to Cambridge corridor, which is committed to providing its customers with high quality, value for money services whilst continuing to develop energy efficient, sustainable and affordable housing.
We are currently seeking a Housing Officer to cover one of our Cambridge and the surrounding area patches. Experience in the housing industry is not essential; although preferred; it’s more important that you are highly customer focused and keen to support others.
What you will be doing:
- Providing customer focused tenancy and neighbourhood management services.
- Regularly reviewing tenants circumstances, making recommendations with regards to future housing options and advising tenants of options, enabling them to make informed choices at the end of their tenancies.
- Reducing debt owed in rent and service charges.
- Managing cases of antisocial behaviour and any breaches of tenancy or lease agreements that may arise.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- A commitment to providing a first class customer focused service.
- Experience of dealing with people in difficult, often stressful situations.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills, and the ability to deal with confrontation in a calm and professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills (experience of lone working would also be advantageous).
You must have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Amongst what we offer you is:
- Circa £27,000 plus £2,000 essential car user allowance
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application and this will need to be returned and verified by bpha before a start date can be provided.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.