£35,000 per annum
Full time, Permanent
Our client has a fantastic opportunity if you are a recently qualified ACA accountant, taking your first steps out of practice into industry, to join them as a Financial Accountant.
You would be joining our client’s Financial Controls & Operations team of 6 who are responsible for areas such as accounting, transaction processing, financial controls, cost oversight, financial and management information reporting.
Our client presents great opportunities for you to develop yourself both personally and professionally. This role will also give you the chance to work across the business with numerous stakeholders including Financial Planning & Analysis, Human Resources, Sales, and Senior Leadership teams, internal and external auditors, along with external service providers.
Some of what you will be getting involved in;
- Evaluating new accounting standards, effectively communicating the impact of changes to stakeholders, and implementing accounting policies that are GAAP compliant.
- Assisting Head of Financial Control and team members in completion of financial year-end close process.
- Preparing statutory accounts for our client’s charitable and commercial businesses.
- Supporting the Management Accountant in the month-end close process and preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Engaging with other stakeholders to validate revenue recognition.
- Strong operational support to Finance operations team in daily review, processing, and accounting of transactions.
- Be point of contact for internal staff for pensions, income tax and VAT queries.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who will live the company’s values, professional, passionate, progressive and practical.
- A recently qualified ACA accountant.
- You will hold a University degree, Class 2:1 or above.
- Achieved Grade A in A-level Mathematics.
- A confident communicator to stakeholders of all levels.
- You will be a real collaborative team player who adopts a solution based approach to problem solving.
- Someone who is highly self-motivated and able to be pragmatic.
- You will be willing to take on responsibility and be able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Someone who is tech savvy with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of FRS 102 and IFRS and who enjoys keeping up to date with technical accounting issues.
- Ability to explain technical accounting in simple terms to non-accountants.
Nice to haves
- Experience of using Access Dimensions or other accounting software.
- Experience of Charities SORP.
What makes our client distinctive?
- They are a mission-driven social enterprise with charitable status, uniquely placed as the only chartered professional body dedicated to Management & Leadership.
- They are recognised as the industry-leading gateway, providing people with the skills needed to enhance their careers in the workplace. In the words of our Chartered Manager of the Year, 2019 ….. “Being a Chartered Manager gives you the tools to take on a challenge.”
- They are consistently recognised as one of the top 100 not for profit companies to work for in the UK. They’re also an 'Investors in People' Gold award organisation, a standard achieved by just 7% of IIP-recognised organisations in the UK!
- Our client is also proud to say that we truly work flexibly
- Want to work from home? No problem!
Our client reserves the right to extend or close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate not be/be identified.