Male Support Worker
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme 2019.
Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers in Bridgend and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
We are recruiting for a Male Support Worker in Bridgend on full-time basis.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
A Full Uk Drivers licence is Essential for this role.
Whether you have worked in Healthcare, Mental Health, Autism, with challenging behaviour or maybe you have a background in retail, cleaning and coaching, this could be the career for you. Dimensions recruit against values and not previous experience.
As a valued Support Worker, you'll be helping people you support to live the individual life they want, ensuring they have choice and control over the planning and delivery of their support. We are looking for ambitious individuals of a caring nature to work for an award winning company where we promote independence in a supportive environment.
You'll support four adults in their own place which will include following positive behaviour plans through active support.
They require assistance with medication and personal care with bathing, drying and dressing themselves. They go out to regular activities like swimming where they will need support in the water, going to the Day Centre, dancing clubs and shopping. All gentleman require 1:1 support and there are two that suffer from epilepsy, we provide training on all aspects of the role.
Shifts are from 8am - 3pm, 3pm - 10:00pm - sleep in and waking nights from 10:00pm - 10:00am. Shifts require flexibility to work alternative weekends and occasional bank holidays.
You will provide:
- Personal care and support with getting out and about
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community
- Work together with the behaviour support team and the family to provide the best possible support.
- In return, we offer you a range of benefits and rewards which can be found in the job description attached.
Alongside that, we give you the opportunity to:
- Obtain your Health Care Certificate.
- On successful passing of probation the opportunity to obtain your NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- Gain access on our Aspire Career Development programme.
- Drivers are preferred for this role.
- Dimensions are one of the country's largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.