MBP is the UK's leading independent stockist of doors from all major suppliers, and a market leading manufacturer of standard and bespoke fire doors, doorsets and glazed screens.
We are working alongside an apprenticeship provider, and seeking an enthusiastic person who has either finished school and looking to get into IT or somebody seeking a career change, and interested in an IT Apprenticeship.
In this role you will gain an understanding of the business and the role of IT support, and achieve relevant skills, experience and a recognised qualification in IT Solutions Technician (LEVEL 3) at the end of the apprenticeship course.
This is a full time position, working Monday - Friday 08:00- 17:00, with 1 day a week based out the office in a learning environment. 20% of your time will be spent completing off-the-job training, to help achieve your apprenticeship qualification. The full course length is 18 months, and there is a possibility of a permanent position once qualified, for the right candidate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
• Provision and provide 1st line support for mobile phones and general telephony across the group
• Work with users to resolve IT faults and requests within agreed timescales for all calls that fall outside of the current support agreement
• Create, maintain and remove user accounts from IT systems
• Install, commission and test new IT equipment and any associated software
• Answer IT assistance calls and provide first line assistance
• Ensure that all calls are actioned within agreed service levels
• Record all call details
• Maintain the IT asset register
• Liaise with current external IT support teams
• Assist the Commercial and Operations Manager with IT installations in new and existing locations
• Implement and maintain own CPPD records to accurately demonstrate preservation of professional competencies and knowledge for vocational area of specialism
• Act as an ambassador for the business, exhibiting enthusiasm and professionalism at all times
• Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of the business
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 5 GCSE Grade C or above including Maths and English
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
• Enthusiastic and motivated to learn continuously
• Very organised
• Takes own initiative
• Well presented
ADDITIONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong Verbal and written communication skills
• Good attention to detail
• Previous basic IT experience is desirable
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter, stating why you are interested in this apprenticeship role. Applications without a supporting covering letter will not be accepted.
Due to the nature of the course, if you already hold a level 3 equivalent qualification in IT we will not be able to accept your application.
For more information, or the full job specification please contact ALEXANDRA.