Research Scientist I/II - Bioreactor Specialist
Bioreactor Research Scientist I / II
Job Type: Permanent
Full time: 37.5h/week
Rate: DOE Research Scientist I or II
The research scientist will be part of the CMC cell culture development team to produce monoclonal antibodies of interest for pharmaceutical application in cell lines cultured in bioreactors.
The role is to characterise better existing and new antibodies to use in therapeutics applications.
To be part of the development of antibody therapeutic in this innovative biotech near Cambridge you will need to have the following skills:
* BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline, ideally with relevant industrial experience
* Proven experience of using bioreactor systems including scale-down bioreactor systems such as ambr or similar system
* Cell culture techniques and optimisation of antibody production ideally in mammalian cells
* Statistical analysis and modelling of data using common software such as MODDE
* Setting up and improvement process for benchtop fermenter production
* Knowledge of automation for bioreactor will be a plus
* Ability to work independently and share results with colleagues and collaborators
The company is based on a research campus near Cambridge fully accessible by shuttle bus for commuting from the city centre, plenty of parking space if you drive. Based in the countryside you have access to an on-site restaurant.
The company offers benefits covering pension, life insurance and performance-related bonus.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont on ;