A varied bookkeeping role amongst a small finance team in this leading engineering organisation based near Bedford.
Our clients are a market leader in engineering and innovation as well as experts in several sectors and have a multitiude of interesting projects ongoing. They have impressive premises based near Bedford and are looking for a committed, organised and motivated individual to join their team in this varied bookkeeping role.
The key roles and responsibilities of the Bookkeeper based in Bedford include:
- Purchase ledger and Sales ledger functions (General ledger responsibilities)
- Credit Control duties where necessary
- Maintenance of the petty cash account
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Accruals and prepayments
- Journal entries
- VAT returns
- Banking & cheques
- Treasury duties
The successful candidate for this Bookkeeper role near Bedford will:
- Have experience in a similar bookkeeping role
- Be an organised individual with excellent time management and the ability to prioritise
- Have a good attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Be a good team player but also able to work well independently.
- Have intermediate excel skills
- Ideally be part-qualified in ACCA or CIMA
The candidate will receive a competitive salary of between GBP30,000-GBP35,000 dependant on experience, as well as the necessary support and training to ensure they are confident in their role. There is an exciting employee Perk Box that offers several high street discounts and there is free parking on-site.