Communications and Marketing Officer
Communications and Marketing Officer
Are you passionate about engaging with people, creating a voice for a cause and increasing impact?
This is an opportunity to use your creative skills to engage with young people and a range of other stakeholders. You will join an ambitious and friendly team who are passionate about inspiring other people to support the mission of the charity.
We are the leading youth homelessness charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people each year. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- A creative and motivated person who can work independently and use their initiative
- Someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about supporting young people to be the best they can be
- Someone who is very organised, and can calmly juggle multiple demands from internal and external people
- Someone who wants to explore the optimum communications channels and platforms to engage young people and supporters
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with colleagues in operational teams and our young people, you will learn about the range of activities we offer, and provide communications and marketing to promote these opportunities to young people
- Working with colleagues in the funding team, you will understand our mission and values, and inspire potential supporters to support the cause
- By proactively sourcing PR opportunities, you will secure press coverage to promote our positive impact on young people •
- Using your creatives skills, you will continue to bolster and build our brand, and produce a suite of materials for digital and printed promotion, in line with brand guidelines
- You’ll be a key person in the charity, supporting the internal communications across the organisation
You will be in the Funding and Communications Team and your line manager will be our Funding and Communications Manager, Hannah Barry.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to develop skills in communications and marketing strategy and planning
- 30 days holiday plus the usual bank and public holidays
- A friendly, welcoming, supportive team
• Hours per week: 37.5 hours
• Contract type: Permanent
• Pay: £24,799 - £26,317 per annum, NJC scale 19-22
• The location: You will be based in our Kingsley Hall office, close to Bristol bus and train stations, as well as the vibrant city centre.
• To access the Job Pack for this role, and complete an Application Form, please visit the vacancy webpage on our Website
• Application deadline closes: 23:59, Sunday 1st December 2019.
• If you have not heard from us by Friday 6th December 2019 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Interviews are on Friday 6th December 2019.
Covering Letter / Supporting Statement Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made