You'll love stakeholder management and adding value to enhance business processes from an operational and detail point of view.
You'll sit within the business operations side of the wider BA team in the UK business and be empowered to progress your BA career within an organisation focused on you & your development by providing you with the resources to propel your career to the next level.
You'll be working for an organisation invested in product development, digital, AI and technology and of course the regulatory impact that faces any financial services organisation.
If you're looking for a role that's going to offer you a wide breath across the day to day and give you autonomy to be able to successfully implement the changes you've defined then we'd like to hear from you.
The role will be based in Colchester with occasional travel.
What you'll be doing
- Producing high quality business analyst deliverables, including but not limited to business requirements, user stories, functional and non-functional specifications
- Building strong, productive relationships with the business and IT stakeholders
- Working closely with the IT team and third parties to ensure that scope and requirements are well understood and issues are identified and managed effectively
- Supporting the full project lifecycle from initial concept through to delivery, subsequent lessons learned and benefits measurement processes, feeding learning into the wider UK analysis and change community
- Implementing continual improvements within your sphere of influence to ensure that we are constantly delivering efficient and effective change
Our must haves
- Proven experience of eliciting, documenting and delivering high quality business analysis deliverables
- The ability to combine "soft" influencing, persuasion and consultancy skills with "leadership" qualities that will encourage stakeholders to positively respond to questions, enquiries and requests to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels within and external to the business
- Be highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment where the speed of response is critical to success
Our nice to haves
- Experience in Agile, delivering incremental improvements to systems and processes
- Experience within the Insurance industry
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
About Hiscox UK
Hiscox UK is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.