Our client is a leading supplier of confocal imaging solutions to the life sciences community worldwide. Due to company expansion we are looking to recruit a Graduate Engineer.
Hours of work will be 9am to 6pm. Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will join a small group of scientists and engineers and will become a key member of the team. Their individual responsibilities will include managing the purchasing and control of materials as well as production planning so as to ensure that customer deadlines can be met. The successful candidate will also be required to perform quality control tasks as well as developing QA checks and procedures.
Main Duties of the Role:
- Customer order processing and scheduling
- Prepare and process all purchase orders for production and R&D
- Control the input and output of all materials
- Develop and carry out QA procedures
- Control stock levels and track movement of goods
- Maintain and develop all stock and procurement spreadsheets
- Manage and control all shipments relating to the business
- Source goods from new suppliers or negotiate with current suppliers to improve product performance and reduce purchasing costs
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must be computer literate and experienced in word, outlook and excel
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced user skills in Excel
- Experience of databases
- Experience in Purchasing
- Experience in Quality Control
- Experience in electronics
- Experience in microscopy and especially laser scanning microscopy
This position offers a potential springboard for different roles within the company. If the successful candidate demonstrates good technical, commercial or management potential, there may be opportunities to move on to different roles. This will depend on the ability and reliability demonstrated and appropriate openings within the company appearing.
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don't hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.